Thomas (Mac) Wardrop has been practicing in Michigan’s state and federal courts since 1985. Mac began his legal career at a 45+ member Grand Rapids, Michigan firm. While at this firm, Mac primarily practiced civil litigation. He also served as the prosecuting attorney for several Grand Rapids area municipalities. Shortly after being invited to become a partner, Mac left to join Wardrop & Wardrop, P. C.
Since joining Wardrop & Wardrop, Mac has expanded his litigation practice – working on cases that range from simple collection matters to complex “business divorce” and corporate governance cases.
Mac is heavily involved in alternative dispute resolution. He is a neutral arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association and he is a trained facilitative mediator. Mac is also on the case evaluation panels for Kent, Barry and Ottawa counties. Mac has acted as an arbitrator, facilitator or case evaluator in over 300 cases.
Since 2002, Mac has served as a member of the City of Grand Rapids Local Officers Compensation Commission, where he has served as Chairman. From 2007 until 2017, Mac was a member of the Michigan Civil Service Commission, serving as Chairman from 2011 – 2016. Mac has worked with non-profit corporations and enjoyed a stint on his childrens’ school board.
Mac enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf and tennis and walking his dogs.
- Past member of State of Michigan Civil Service Commission (Chair from 2011-2016)
- Member of City of Grand Rapids Local Officers Compensation Commission
- Past member of City of Grand Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Past member of Metropolitan Alternative Housing Corporations
- Past Member of St. Paul the Apostle School Board
- Highest Possible Peer Review Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell®
- Best Law Firms by U.S. News and World Report
- Central Michigan University, B.S., 1981
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D. Cum Laude, 1985
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, since 1985
- Michigan Bar Association, since 1985
- American Bar Association, since 1985